Connect with us

NEWS

BREAKING: Trump Administration to Expel Over Half a Million Migrants from Cuba, Haiti, Nicaragua, and Venezuela!

Published

on

The Trump administration will revoke the temporary legal status of more than half a million migrants from Cuba, Haiti, Nicaragua and Venezuela who entered the U.S. legally, according to a notice posted Friday in the Federal Register.

The roughly 532,000 migrants have been told to leave the country before their humanitarian parole and accompanying work permits are canceled on April 24, giving them a month from when the notice is formally published on March 25.

The migrants were allowed to fly directly to the U.S. after applying from abroad under a policy started during the Biden administration that was designed to open legal migration pathways, but President Donald Trump suspended the program when he returned to office in January.

The program, CHNV, allowed the migrants and their immediate family members to fly into the U.S. if they had American sponsors.

They could then remain in the country for two years under a temporary immigration status known as parole.

Launched in 2022, the program first applied to Venezuelans before it was expanded to additional countries.

The Biden administration had argued that CHNV would help reduce illegal crossings at the southern border and allow better vetting of people entering the country amid an influx of migrants entering through the U.S.-Mexico border.

Trump’s Department of Homeland Security criticized the Biden administration on Friday, arguing that the program failed to achieve its goals, the BBC reported.

The agency said in a statement that Biden officials had “granted them [migrants] opportunities to compete for American jobs and undercut American workers; forced career civil servants to promote the programs even when fraud was identified; and then blamed Republicans in Congress for the chaos that ensued and the crime that followed.

“But the notice in the Federal Register said some migrants in the U.S. under CHNV may be allowed to remain in the country on a case-by-case basis.

CHNV helped about 213,000 Haitians enter the U.S. amid deteriorating conditions in their home country, as well as more than 120,700 Venezuelans, 110,900 Cubans and more than 93,000 Nicaraguans, according to the BBC.

Last month, DHS announced plans to end another immigration designation, temporary protected status, or TPS, for 500,000 Haitians living in the U.S. legally. TPS was given to migrants from designated countries facing unsafe conditions, including armed conflict.

The agency also ended TPS for Venezuelans living in the U.S., although this is being challenged in court.

Trump’s efforts to remove legal and illegal migrants from the U.S. since taking office in January as part of his immigration agenda have faced numerous legal obstacles.

The Trump administration is also reportedly dismantling internal watchdogs for DHS, including its Office for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties, which investigated allegations of abuse and discrimination within immigration enforcement, according to Bloomberg News.

The Trump administration will revoke the temporary legal status of more than half a million migrants from Cuba, Haiti, Nicaragua and Venezuela who entered the U.S. legally, according to a notice posted Friday in the Federal Register.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY15 hours ago

Breaking News: Taylor Swift Announces Sudden Career End and Shocking Move to Canada.

CELEBRITY20 hours ago

Trump tariffs live: Stocks tumble as Trump takes world to brink of full-blown trade war.

CELEBRITY20 hours ago

UK Considering Products for “Possible Retaliatory Action” Against US Tariffs Unless Deal is Reached.

CELEBRITY22 hours ago

The AfD’s Call for an Immediate Halt to Mass Migration in Germany: A Critical Examination.

CELEBRITY1 day ago

Kourtney Kardashian Furious as Son Addresses Justin Bieber as His Father: Hailey Bieber Calls Her a ‘S*’ for the Incident. Her feelings on the matter have been revealed 😮

CELEBRITY1 day ago

SHOCKING NEWS: Camila Cabello and Lil Nas X Are Dating in Secret? Fans Are Shocked After Lil Nas X Reveals How Camila Helped Bring His ‘Confidence Back’

CELEBRITY1 day ago

SHOCKING REVELATION: At Last, the Truth Can No Longer Be Hidden! Joe Rogan Names 13 Celebrities Caught in Diddy’s Controversial Video – Including Oprah with Close Ties.

CELEBRITY2 days ago

Brittany Mahomes ‘Steals’ Photo of Patrick Mahomes During Tender Moment with Sterling and Bronze.

CELEBRITY2 days ago

Lionel Messi & wife Antonela Roccuzzo dress to the nines for David Beckham’s lavish early 50th birthday party as NFL & NBA icons Tom Brady & Shaquille O’Neal join a host of other Inter Miami superstars to celebrate with MLS club’s co-owner.

CELEBRITY2 days ago

BREAKING NEWS: Prince Harry’s Reputation Takes a Massive Hit as Shocking Stories Emerge of His “Bullying” Behavior

CELEBRITY2 days ago

BREAKING NEWS: Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez’s Miami Club Dance Video Goes Viral, Resurfaces on Social Media

CELEBRITY2 days ago

SHOCKING NEWS: The United States Mourns: Heartbreaking News About Former President Joe Biden

Copyright © 2025 USAmax24